The undertaking of fundamental research includes the following work packages:
- Work Package 1 - Project Management and Development of Research Potential Objectives: Effective project management, quality management of the results, increasing the research team research potential, enhancing the international relations of the development team.
- Work Package 2 - Modelling of passenger transport Objectives: Fundamental studies related to the development of a multi-criteria system for the selection of transport technologies in passenger transport.
- Work Package 3 - Modelling of freight and intermodal transport Objectives: Fundamental studies related to the development of a multi-criteria system for the selection of transport technologies in freight and intermodal transport.
- Work Package 4 - Experimental research Objectives: Establishing links and relationships related to energy and environmental efficiency of transport.
- Work Package 5 - Study of fuel Objectives: Study of the impact of Medium-Emitter Fuel from Bulgarian Raw Materials on the Enhancement of Environmental Efficiency, establishing links and relationships to improve the environmental performance of diesel fuels.
- Work Package 6 - Dissemination of results Objectives: Managing the quality of results, disseminating information and project results to the community and potential users.