Modelling and Elaboration of a Complex System for Selection of Transport Technology in a Transport Network
- Angel Kanchev University of Ruse
- Prof. Dr Assen Zlatarov University - Burgas
Assoc. Prof. Svetla Stoilova, DSc – Technical University of Sofia
The project complies with the following research priorities:
- National Strategy of Scientific Research up to 2020: energy, energy efficiency and transport
- Operational Programme "Transport and Transport Infrastructure" 2014 -2020 in the thematic area of "Mechatronics and clean technologies", part: Energy storage and saving, eco mobility - clean technologies with focus on transport.
- “Horizon 2020“ - The EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation in the areas of “Transport and Environment to create a sustainable transport system”
- The European Commission's strategy for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth "Europe 2020".
The project deals with fundamental research OF transport in the transport network. The study of the transport network of road transport will include highways; for rail transport - rail highways that are railway lines included in the Trans-European Transport Network (TEN-T network).
The fundamental research carried out under the project will be tested by TEN-T network in Bulgaria, including road and railway infrastructure.
The scope of the fundamental research is chosen in order to explore and study transport technologies in areas that are a priority for the European Union with a view to interoperability of the national transport network into the European transport network. The mathematical modelling and development of a multi-criteria system for evaluation and selection of technology for transport and for exploring the relationships and dependencies of the parameters of optimization will cover transportation technologies for railway transport, road transport and intermodal transport in the transport network. The study is related to the improvement of transport vehicles; improvement of transport infrastructure and organization of transport processes; mathematical modelling and optimization of transport processes in the organization of transport.